Current events: For current events please visit the InnORBIT website and our Events page.
Coordinator: Q-Plan International – QPL (Greece)
• Spacetec Partners GMBH – STP (Germany)
• Tech Tour Global – TTG (Bulgaria)
• Start-Up Europe Kozep-Kelet Europaies Nyugat-Balkani Halozat Szolgaltato Es Menedzsment Non Profit Kft – SEN (Hungary)
• Romanian Association for Space Technology and Industry - ROMSPACE (Romania)
• Athina-Erevnitiko Kentro Kainotomias Stis Technologies Tis Ploroforias, Ton Epikoinonion Kai Tis Gnosis – COR (Greece)
• Visoko Ucitiliste Algebra – ALG (Croatia)
Financed by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 under grant agreement No 101004212
Duration: 1 January 2021 - 30 June 2023
InnORBIT project started in January 2021 and will last for 30 months. It receives funding from the European Union’s H2020 - “Empowering innovation intermediaries to generate sustainable initiatives to incentivise and accelerate the commercialisation of space innova-tion”, under grant agreement No 101004212 and involves partners (Q-Plan International – QPL (GR), Spacetec Partners GMBH – STP-DE (DE),Tech Tour Global – TTG (BG), Start-Up Eu-rope Kozep-Kelet Europaies Nyugat-Balkani Halozat Szolgaltato Es Menedzsment Non Profit Kft – SEN (HU), Asociatia Romana Pentru Tehnologie Si Industrie Spatiala ROMSPACE – ROS (RO),Athina-Erevnitiko Kentro Kainotomias Stis Technologies Tis Ploroforias, Ton Epi-koinonion Kai Tis Gnosis – COR (GR), Visoko Ucitiliste Algebra – ALG (CR)) from 6 countries. More details can be found following this link https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101004212, a website for the project is under development and should be published soon.
InnORBIT aims to support start-ups and scale-ups to grow and commercialise their space solutions via sustainable and effective local initiatives. Focus is given on Central Eastern and South Eastern European countries with vibrant tech ecosystems and industry verticals with great potential for contributing to the commercialisation of space. Alongside them InnORBIT will co-develop a business support programme to help space entrepreneurs in starting and scaling-up their commercial activities and a capacity building programme for training intermediaries to set up and run sustainable local initiatives.
Objective of InnORBIT
The overall aim of InnORBIT is to support up to 50 start-ups and scale-ups to grow and commercialise their space solutions via 20 sustainable and effective initiatives. Our specific objectives include:
• Co-design and develop capacity building and business support programmes to empower innovation intermediaries to organise and run sustainable local initiatives for supporting space innovation.
• Set up, maintain and fine-tune the digital toolbox required to support the organisation and implementation of local initiatives along with the provision of trainings and business support services.
• Organise effective and sustainable initiatives for supporting space innovation and successfully engage entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups, including SMEs not traditionally involved in it.
• Deliver business support services to entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups to drive the commercialization of their space-enabled solutions and accelerate their growth in tandem with EU actions.
• Monitor, capture and evaluate the performance and impact of local initiatives and leverage the insights gained to deliver replication guidelines and policy recommendations for better support frames.
• Define and put in motion evidence-based business models and plans for the sustainable exploitation of InnORBIT’s results; share, disseminate and communicate these results throughout the project.
Phases of development for InnORBIT
The Project Coordinator for the consortium is Mr. Apostolos Tsolakis, Q-PLAN INTERNATIONAL, (firstname.lastname@example.org), the local contact for Romania is Ms. Cristina Stancu, ROMSPACE, (email@example.com).
If you believe your start-up or scale-up can benefit from joining InnOR-BIT or if you would just like to know more, please contact us and a member of the team will be pleased to provide more information on the project.
InnORBIT’s social media accounts:
• Facebook: InnORBIT Project - @InnORBITProjectH2020
• LinkedIn: InnORBIT Project
• Twitter: InnORBIT Project - @Innorbit_H2020
• YouTube channel: InnORBIT Project